Britain and accents, are inseparable. The knowledge of English without an understanding of the many local British accents and pronunciations is ineffective for anyone wanting to communicate effectively with natives. Whether you are an international business or immigrating for work or study, this knowledge can be the key missing link for assimilating into British life.
In this live, interactive, class-room based session, learners will gain an orientation about different British accents and pronunciation from a U.K.-based language teacher. The session use exercises and breathing techniques that will help attendees to use the correct pronunciation of English terminology. The goals of this class are to;
- To recognise different accents from all over the U.K.
- Establish a good understanding of 'Received Pronunciation', affectionately known as the Queen’s English.
- Learn to enunciate effectively for maximum clarity.
- Enhance presentation skills by using body language, gesture and placement.
- Further enhancement of the pronunciation of the English language by participating in vocal exercises to help create assured vocality.
- Develop confidence and team building skills through drama games and activities.
- To bring a range of texts to life using diction, emotion, enthusiasm and character.
The session includes role play activities with locals to help learners gain confidence in British pronunciation and accents.