Ambiguity regarding what to anticipate after arriving in a foreign country is one of the most common concerns for students who wish to study abroad. The United Kingdom is no different, and this session will help dispel some of the uncertainty surrounding what to expect when you first arrive as a student in the U.K so that you can better prepare for your future abroad. Aside from understanding what life is like as a student in the UK, attendees will learn about international student challenges and intercultural adjustment.
What makes this session truly impactful compared to conventional pre-recorded information videos on the internet is that aspiring students will get to visit the U.K. live and gain an immersive understanding about student life with our local presenter (also an international student who has adapted to life here).
Attendees will be able to gain a visual understanding of different aspects of life in the U.K as they visit various locations including a typical university campus, student accommodation and other places around which people tend to have doubts.
The session has been designed to cover important practical topics such as;
- What to expect in terms of accommodation options: The presenter will show you around typical student accommodation while also explaining the different types of accommodation, average costs, deposit terms etc
- Practical insights about different essentials including, registering with GP's, opening bank accounts, obtaining NI numbers and others, as we show you around relevant places.
- A familiarisation of a typical campus.
- Local culture and etiquettes: A practical guide on do's and don'ts
- Typical living costs for students.
- Part time job opportunities.
- Tips for making friends and adjusting to the host culture.
Every participant has an opportunity to ask questions during the session and clarify any doubts. Make a smooth transition into your student future abroad using this one of a kind session.